SAUNA BATHING IN TRADITIONAL FINNISH SAUNA!
Come to feel and enjoy the atmosphere of traditional Finnish wood-pellet burning sauna. We have restored the sauna, which was built in the 1930s. Sauna is situated by the river in the Rovaniemi Local Heritage Museum area.
Reservation and information
- reservation by phone +358 50 325 2017
- reservation by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- sauna for 1– 7 persons Monday–Saturday 6 p.m–10 p.m.
- 30 € heating payment in the summer time + 10 € / person
- 50 € heating payment 15th Ocober – 15th April + 10 € / person
- take your own towel and washing equipments with you
YOU ARE WARMLY WELCOME!
General information on sauna
It is likely that the Finnish people have had the sauna for about two thousand years, although the oldest known documents only date back about half of this time.
Humidity is regulated by small doses of water ladled repeatedly onto the kiuas stones. The resulting vapour, rising from the stones, is called löyly. The temperature varies between 70 and 90 °C, depending on the size of the room. Bathers warming up in the hot room help perspiration by using whisks made of tender birch twigs (vihta or vasta). Warming-up is followed by washing and cooling off; arrangements for cooling off in the open air are welcomed.